By accessing and using this website then you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Information collected automatically
When you open this website www.howtodevnow.com, even if you are just browsing, then out servers automatically record some of the information that your web browser sends when you are using this website. This includes information such as your IP address, the browser type and version that you are using, the operating system and type as well as what language it is in and the information about the website you visited before clicking on our website.
This information is not personally identifiable and is only used for statistics and analysis purposes such as the usage and website traffic for www.howtodevnow.com.
Collecting personal information
Customers may visit the website www.howtodevnow.com as a browser and not provide us with any personally identifiable information if they choose to. However, this will limit access to the full products and services that are made available on this website. Customers wishing to make use of the full products and services, such as downloading content or booking a session with a consultant, will need to first create an account before they are able to do so. Creating an account will require the customer to provide us with some personal information. This could include some of the following information:
- Personal details such as your name, country of residence, address, email address
- Your new personal username and password that you have used to create an account with howtodevnow.com
- Payment information such as your debit or credit card number for payments
Customers can choose to not provide us with any of this information, but it will limit their use and access to the full products and services provided by www.howtodevnow.com.
Use and processing of personal information
In order to make all of the products and services on www.howtodevnow.com available, or in order to meet any legal obligations, we may need to collect and use certain personal information. If this information is not provided then you may not be able to make full use of the products and services on offer. The information that is collected from you may be used for any of the following purposes:
- To create and manage user accounts
- To process payments
- To fulfil orders and business obligations
- To send administrative information
- To respond to enquiries and offer customer support
- To request user feedback
- To improve the user experience
- To enforce policies of the terms and conditions
- To protect from abuse and any malicious users
- To respond to any legal requests and to prevent harm
- To run and manage the website howtodevnow.comand its products and services
Processing personal information will depend on how the customer interacts with the website. It will also depend on the following conditions:
- If the customer has given their consent to have their data processed
- If the provision of the personal information is necessary in order to fulfil terms of business
- If processing information is necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation
- If processing the information is in our legitimate business interests
Management of personal information
Customers are able to delete some of the personal information that we hold about them. However, this may change how www.howtodevnow.com will be able to offer them certain products and services.
Disclosing personal information
Depending on the services that you have requested from us or the information that we need in order to provide you with a full list of products and services, then we may share some of your personal information with trusted third party operators that provide services to us when we have your consent to do so.
We will not share any personal information with any unaffiliated third parties. These service providers are not authorised to use or disclose any of your personal information except as is necessary in order to perform services on our behalf or in order to comply with any legal requirements.
If the company were to be involved in a merger or acquisition with another business, then the personal information that we have on file would be considered as an asset as part of the transaction. This means some of the personal data may be transferred to the new owners if the company was sold or merges with another company. If this were the case then we would let all of our customers know.
We will also disclose any personal information if this is required by law such as in order to comply with a legal process or when we believe that in good faith the disclosure of this information is necessary in order to protect our rights, or the rights and safety of others, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
Retention of information
The personal information that we have will be held for as long as is necessary in order to comply with any legal obligations, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements unless a longer retention period is required by law.
Once the retention period for personal data has expired, then it shall be deleted securely.
User rights regarding their personal information
Customers may exercise certain rights regarding their personal information which is requested by us. In particular, customers have the right to do the following:
- The right to withdraw consent in cases where consent has previously been given to the processing of your personal information
- The right to object to the processing of personal information
- The right to learn if information is being processed by us, obtain a disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing as well as obtain a copy of the information that is being processed
- The right to verify the accuracy of your information and ask for it to be corrected if needs be
- The right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information deleted
- The right to receive a copy of the information that we hold or to have it transmitted to another data controller at your request
Privacy and children
The website www.howtodevnow.com is only intended to be used by those aged 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 18.
We secure all of the information that you provide in a secure environment which is protected from any unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. We retain a number of reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in place which are used in order to prevent any unauthorised access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information.
Please be aware that no transmission of information over the internet can ever be entirely secure. Therefore, although we strive to do everything that we can in order to protect your personal information, all users must acknowledge that:
- There are security and privacy limitations of the internet which are beyond our control
- The security and integrity of all information that is exchanged between you and the website howtodevnow.comcan not be guaranteed
- Any information could be accessed by a third party despire our best efforts
In the unfortunate event of a data breach or if we become aware that the security of the website and services has been compromised as a result of external activity such as a security attack or fraud, then we reserve the right to take all reasonable security measures, including but not limited to, investigation and reporting, as well as notification and cooperation with law enforcement agencies.
In the event of a data breach then we will make all reasonable efforts to notify all of those that have been affected if we believe that there is a reasonable risk of harm to that user as a result of the data breach.